ASE - Code of Responsible Automotive Serviceing Practices
This establishment subscribes to the following code:
- Recommend corrective and maintenance services and explain to the customer which of these are required now to correct existing problems and which ar for preventive maintenance.
- Offer customer a price estimate for work to be performed.
- Obtain prior authorization for all work done, in writing or by other means satisfactory to the customer.
- Make every effort to keep customer informed about appointments and completion deadlines.
- Furnish an itemized invoice for parts and services, priced fairly, which clearly identifies any used or re-manufactured parts. Replaced parts may be inspected upon request.
- Furnish or post copies of any warranties covering parts or services.
- Exercise reasonable care for the customer's property while it is being serviced.
- Fix the customer's vehicle right the "first time."
- Maintain a system for fair settlement of customer's complaints.
- Cooperate with established consumer complaint mediation activities.
- Uphold the high standards of our profession and seek to correct any or all abuses within the automotive industry.